Movement of the Week /// The Straight Arm Banded Pull to Hip
This week on the <<>> BLOG <<<>> I am sharing a few coaching and training tips for a bar muscle up drill known as the straight arm banded pull to hip. This is an effective drill to practice the shapes, speed, timing, and straight arm pulling needed for an efficient bar muscle up.
- Attach a band low to the floor and place a PVC on the end
- Get set out in front in with your upper back and heels elevated on plates
- Hips rest on the floor
- Pull your bell button toward your spine
- Engage and fully straighten your legs
- Squeeze your heels together
- Point your toes
- Begin each repetition with tension on the band and your arms fully straightened and hugging your ears
- Pull with straight arms hard and fast toward your hips
- Drive hips upward hard and fast towards the PVC finishing in a solid tight arch position
- Squeeze your glutes
- Bring your arms back up toward your ears slow and controlled
- Pause for a second or two in the bottom and top position
Check it all out HERE!