Movement of the Week /// Handstand Hold Development Drills
This week on the <<>> BLOG <<>> I am sharing some coaching tips and training the handstand! Aside from being super fun, this static hold is effective at building strength and stability throughout the trunk, shoulder girdle, and more which is foundational and necessary for performing safe, strong, and solid handstand push ups, handstand walks, and so much more!
- Set hands shoulder width apart with finger spread wide
- Keep your arms straight
- Compress your ribs towards your hips
- Tuck you tailbone
- Squeeze your glutes and heels together
- Keep your hip open
- Keep your legs straight
- Point your toes
- Maintain as neutral of a spine as possible
- Create and maintain a straight line from your wrist to your shoulder and all the way to your toes
- Aim to connect your upper and lower half and vertical alignment throughout your entire body by finding your best hollow bracing
Check out the full video tutorial on YouTube HERE!