Movement of the Week /// Modifying the Strict Ring Dip
This week on the <<>> BLOG <<>> I am sharing a few coaching and training tips on ring dip progressions! Training the ring dip, no matter your goals or profession, is highly effective for developing your absolute strength, stability, and mobility in your upper half and trunk + so much more.
- Set the rings shoulder width apart (elbow to fingertips apart)
- Lower the rings so you can reach the top position with your feet still on the floor
- The tops of your feet should remain pressed into the floor as needed throughout
- Keep your eyes on the horizon, chest up, and the body in a straight line
- Rings remain parallel to each other and the straps outside the arms (no leaning on the straps)
- Keep your elbows in throughout the dip portion
- Aim to go as deep as you can trying to get your shoulder below your elbow in the bottom
- Finish every rep with straight arms and a turnout at the top
Check out the full YouTube video HERE!