Movement of the Week /// The Jump – Drag – Float Drill
This week on the <<>> BLOG <<>> I am sharing one of my favorite drills and movements to add into dynamic stretch, the jump drag float drill! This drill hits everything from your wrists to your shoulders to your trunk to your posterior chain, and so much more! It is also an awesome drill for developing your press handstand.
- Set your hands shoulder width apart on the floor about a foot or two in front of your feet
- Spread your fingers wide
- Grip the floor through your fingertips
- Shift your body weight from your feet to mostly into your hands
- Block away from the floor through your shoulders
- Keep your arms straight
- Hinge at the shoulder
- Jump, lightly pull your toes, or float your feet off the floor
- Aim to have your feet land on the outside of your hands
- Walk your hands forward about a foot or two in front of your feet to get set for your next repetition
Check out the YouTube demo video HERE!