Movement of the Week /// The Hollow Flutter Kick
This week on the <<>> BLOG <<>> I am sharing a few coaching and training tips on the hollow flutter kick! The hollow body position is the foundation of ALL movement, not just in gymnastics or body weight training, BUT ALL movement. You cannot back squat, deadlift, bench, snatch, clean and jerk, etc. to your full potential as well as, and more importantly, safely, if your trunk is not strong, stable and solid. Training all variations of the hollow position will development a strong, stable, healthy trunk to support your back and entire body to do all the things you want to do in and out of the gym.
- Keep your lumbar spine pressed firmly into the floor
- Tuck your tailbone
- Squeeze your glutes
- Engage and straighten your legs
- Point your toes
- Aim to keep your upper back off the floor as high as possible
- Compress your ribs towards your hips
- Pull your belly button toward your spine
- Move your leg from your hip just a few inches above and below where you begin
Check out the full demo video on YouTube HERE!