Movement of the Week // The Hollow Body Wall Facing Slide Away + Walk
This week on the blog I am sharing one ofmy favorite drills and movements for building strength, stability, and balance in the handstand and beyond! This drill hits everything from your wrists to your shoulders to your trunk to your posterior chain, and so much more! It is also an awesome drill for developing your press handstand.
- Set your hands shoulder width apart on the floor about a foot or two in front of your feet
- Spread your fingers wide
- Grip the floor through your fingertips
- Shift your body weight from your feet to mostly into your hands
- Block away from the floor through your shoulders
- Keep your arms straight
- Hinge at the shoulder
- Slide feet off the wall into a stacked position maintaining a straight line from head to toe
Check out the YouTube demo video HERE!