Today on the <<>> BLOG <<>> I am sharing some tips on training v-ups from the hollow position! This movement is one of my favorites to superset into strength and skill pieces as well as an awesome modification in CrossFit WODs for movements like toes to bar and knees to elbow. The v-up and its variations are simple, yet incredibly effective at building overall strength, body awareness, core control, balance, timing, and so much more!
- In the bottom of your v-up keep your lumbar spine pressed firmly into the floor
- Tuck your tailbone
- Squeeze your glutes
- Engage and straighten your legs
- Point your toes
- Keep your heels above the floor
- Aim to keep your upper back off the floor as high as possible
- Compress your ribs towards your hips
- Pull your belly button toward your spine
- Lift your upper and lower half high off the floor together simultaneously
- Balance for a second on top of your tailbone
- Reach your hands upward to touch your feet
- Return back to your hollow position in between each repetition
**Only add weight if the v-up is not challenging enough for you and you are able to maintain beautiful form.
Check out the full YouTube video HERE!
/// Workout with me anywhere you are on my NZ FIT APP!
With my mobile nutrition and fitness app you have the ability to stay on track with your daily nutrition and fitness goals!
What you receive as a NZ FIT App member:
~Personalized nutrition programs
~Customized meal plans
~Comprehensive food and macro log to track your daily nutrition
~Strength and conditioning programs designed to fit your goals, lifestyle, training location, fitness level, and more with the focus of getting you the most benefit out of each training session you put in
~Unlimited access to all programs with 24/7 email support
Sign up or check more out HERE!