Movement of the Week /// The Inverted Hollow Position
Today on the <<>> BLOG <<>> I am sharing one of my favorite mobility and strength drills for deveoping a solid trunk, BUT even more so for a solid and stable overhead position as well as increased range of motion throughout the shoulder and thoracic spine. I call this the inverted hollow position!
- Aim to maintain a tight, hollow body position throughout
- Only walk your hands as close to the wall as you are able to maintain tension throughout your trunk as well as a strong, stable overhead position with straight arms
- Modify by only either walking your feet up while keeping your hands glued to the floor
- Practice maintaining a tight core, stable shoulder, and overhead position
- Walk your hands towards the wall just a step or two or three to where you are still able to hold proper form
- Compress your ribs toward your hips
- Pull your belly button toward your spine
- Squeeze your glutes
- Tuck your tailbone
- Engage and fully straighten your legs
- Squeeze your heels together
**One other fine, but important detail to mention is making sure your toes are pointed as this will help to engage your legs even more creating more tension throughout your entire body. The tighter you are the lighter you will feel.
Check out the full YouTube video HERE!
READY to transform your overall body composition, strength, stability, balance, flexibility, coordination, body awareness, confidence in moving your own body, and more?? To sign up or for more info on my new NZ BodyFIT body weight group online training program click HERE!