Today on the blog I am sharing my variation of the toenail pull up [strict pull up scaling variation]!
- Rack a barbell on a low setting
- Align your ankles and heels with the bar overhead
- Sit your hips back to your heels
- Squeeze your heels together to set a strong ankle position
- Grip the barbell with your hands set just outside shoulder width
- Wrap your thumbs
- Actively press your shoulders down and away from your ears to keep your lats and shoulder girdle activated
- Keep your elbows in as you pull up and lower back down
- Keep as much bodyweight in your upper half and your pull as possible to get the most out of each rep
- Hold your tight hollow all the way through
- Aim for full ROM every rep
- For more challenge perform on one leg or pick both legs up as you lower your body back to the floor
- As always you can modify even more with ring rows or inverted rows. Body position stays the same no matter what variation you do.
Check out the full video on my YouTube channel HERE!