How’d you SLEEP last night?
Your quality of sleep is oftentimes overlooked when wondering why you are not reaching your health and fitness goals. Your overall quality of life as well as your ability to focus, retain new information, maintain normal levels of cortisol (your stress hormone, which can cause that stubborn belly fat and other health related issues), your ability to recover efficiently in between your training sessions, your ability to maintain a strong immune system, and so much more, can all be affected by your overall quality of sleep.
- Aim to go to sleep and wake up each day around the same time, if at all possible, and get in at least 6 hours at absolute minimum or more a night.
- Before going to sleep each night make sure it is as dark, cool, and dry as possible.
- Have your last meal and beverage at least two hours before bedtime.
- Set a goal to be off your phone, computer, and/or TV at least at a minimum of 30 minutes before bedtime, but more closely to 60 minutes or more, if possible.
- Dream Serene: Helps you fall asleep, stay asleep, and alleviate occasional sleeplessness.* This patent-pending formula contains melatonin and a proprietary blend of valerian, lemon balm, and L-theanine to promote more restful sleep.