Movement of the Week /// Training Drills for Developing Your Press to Handstand
Today I am sharing some of my favorite training variations for developing straddle press to handstand! One of my favorite drills is something I call the Seat Sliding Press Drill. This movement is performed using the seat of the Concept2 rower and really is the only reason to ever actually use the rower. Ha! I have a few coaching cues and tips below for you on this drill and more!
- Maintain straight arms
- Stack your shoulder over your elbow and wrist
- Block away from the floor
- Set your hips in line with your shoulders with your feet elevated and toenail down pressed into the rower seat
- Squeeze your heels
- Pull the seat forward while pressing through your palms and fingertips stacking your hips over your shoulders and wrists
- Lower back to your start position in your high plank slow and controlled
- Keep your legs engaged and straight
This movement can be added into your warm up, skill work, superset into a strength piece, or even added in as a conditioning piece!
Check out the full YouTube drill variation demo video HERE!