Movement of the Week // The Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat
This week on the <<>> BLOG <<>> I am sharing a few coaching and training tips for the rear foot elevated split squat (RFESS)! These are awesome for developing strength, stability, balance, mobility throughout the entire posterior chain, but more specifically, the glutes and hamstrings… and beyond!
- Begin with your heels up against a box or a bench that is just below your knee
- Place your heels against the box directly under your hips
- Bring one foot so that your heel is touching your toe and take three heel toe steps out from there
- Place your back foot onto an elevated surface, toenail down.
- Aim to lightly touch your knee to the floor
- Drive up through the heel of your front leg
- Use boxes for support, as needed
- Focus on keeping squared up through the hips and shoulders as possible
Check out the YouTube video HERE!